Below is the recipe for a richer cream than just an aqueous base cream, but please note that it should be kept cool and for no longer than six weeks.
- Melt 15 g of pure beeswax together with 130 ml sweet almond oil, in a bain-marie.
- Do not melt the beeswax in a pot on direct heat from a plate on the stove (electric or gas) since it can burn easily and cause a fire hazard.
- Another fixed oil can be used instead of the almond oil, although sweet almond oil does do wonders for the skin.
- Some people are hesitant to use beeswax in skin products, since they think that it will "block the pores" but when used in a mixture like this, not only does it do wonders for softening the skin, but will not cause any problems.
- If you are allergic to bee products, care should be taken when using it.
- While the beeswax is melting, gently warm 50 ml rosewater, or any otherfloral water, using the same method as above.
- Next start to mix the floral water to the beeswax and oil mixture, mixing it with a whisk or electric mixer. This should be done slowly and as soon as a quarter of the water has been added, remove the pot from the bain-marie, and complete the water addition.
When you have finished adding the water the mixture will start to set, and before it does mix in 8 drops of your chosen essential oil.